OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
BS OHSAS 18001 is a framework for an occupational health and safety management system. It can help you put in place the policies, procedures and controls needed for your organization to achieve the best possible working conditions, aligned to internationally recognised best practice, expectations and standards. Also known as Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems OHSMS (Sometimes referred to as ISO 18001 and soon to be known as ISO 45001).
Having OHSAS 18001 will benefit your business:
- by minimising the risks of delays / lost employee time
- by providing a safe environment for staff, contractors, visitors and the general public
- by demonstrating your commitment to maintain an effective health and safety policy
- by minimising the risk of financial loss through accidents
- by gaining a reduction in PL insurance premiums
- by demonstrating your commitment to meet legal obligations
- by providing a robust system and audit / review process to maintain and continually improve health and safety within your business
- by ensuring a your company remains compliant to current legislation
*NOTE: A new ISO standard, ISO 45001, on occupational health and safety management system requirements is being produced by a Project Committee, ISO PC 283, with the intention of publication in October 2016. The standard will be aligned with ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), which are themselves undergoing revision and are due for publication in 2015.