IEC / ISO 27001 Information Security Management
The ISO/IEC 27000 group of standards is designed to help keep information assets secure. This helps organisations and companies to maintain the security of assets such as employee information, financial information or information handed over to you by third parties.
ISO 27001:2013 is the standard that outlines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and is the most well known standard in the family.
An ISMS provides a way of keeping confidential company information secure and manageable. It is put in place for people, company processes and IT systems by putting a risk management process into place. The standard also helps towards your business to comply with several regulations such as The Data Protection Act 1998, and indicates that you are safeguarding all sensitive data.
Having ISO 27001 will benefit your business:
- by demonstrating that the organisation is compliant with relevant laws and regulatory requirements
- by providing reassurance to your clients that their information is secure
- by demonstrating good security measures are in place to existing clients and potential clients
- by standing out from competitors that do not have certification
- by having a structured approach in place for managing information